Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Me Time

Welcome to the first edition of Monday Me Time!  This one is all about me, and what's going on with my life.

I have been talking to a handsome guy recently, we actually even met up for dinner.  He seemed like a nice guy, and the dinner date went really well.  We both confirmed that it had.

When I meet someone I use the test drive rule.  The first date is a test drive.  Everything before then doesn't really matter, and we're not obligated to buy the car after the test drive.  That works for both parties.  No reasoning necessary.  I'm alway pretty up front about this.

I explained this policy to the handsome guy, and he responded enthusiastically with a "I'm the same way."  GREAT!

Well a week after the date I hadn't heard anything else from him.  So I texted him, and got a very short response.  Yes, everyone we can tell when you're being short in a text.  It's pretty clear when you don't want to be bothered.  So I tell him to text me whenever he can, and I would talk to him later.

Two weeks later....nothing.  So I text him again.  "Hi, How have you been?"  "Oh, crazy busy.  Sorry, I've been MIA."  Well, I give him the benefit of the doubt here, and let it go.

Two additional weeks later...still nothing back.  I finally relent and send him a simple "Good luck.  I hope you find what you're looking for."  He responds with the same sentiment back.

Yes, he could very well have been busy.  Sure he wasn't too busy to log in to the same app we met on and view my profile multiple times over those multiple weeks.  He was too busy to tell me he wasn't interested.

Clearly, he wasn't interested right?  The one thing that perplexes me, is why when given the opt out after a test drive didn't he use it?  It saves us both the trouble and drawing it out.

Did I do something wrong or am I missing something?

Next Episode:  Textacular Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment