Thursday, February 14, 2013

What is an "ungay homo"?

Excellent question!

Ungay Homo  |ʌngā ˈhōˌmō|
   noun (pl. Ungay Homos)
   A gay man that lacks many or all of normal gay or fag like tendencies.
   ORIGIN 2010:  ME.

I am an ungay homo.  Why? 

I don't have any of the normal gay characteristics.  Key identifiers:
  • I don't work out all the time...ok...ever.
  • I don't have a lisp.
  • I hate Glee.
  • Musicals make me want to commit suicide.
  • I can't dance.
  • I buy ugly shoes.
  • I don't want to go purse shopping with you.
  • I don't like pride-ish things.
  • And many more...
In general I find myself at odds with most other gay men quite often.  My friends quickly picked up on my ungay tendencies, and began referring to me as "the worst gay ever" or "The Ungay Homo".  After many years of trying to fit the gay mold, I have decided to embrace my ungay homo self.

There is my definition of the phrase.  Now that you have an idea of what an ungay homo is, what are some other identifiers of the ungay homos?

NEXT EPISODE:  Fucked Up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. i think other markers of an ungay homo are wearing business casual wear constantly and a distinct lack of clothes from express.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you obviously don't know enough gay men: i suspect your key identifiers could be applied to most of us. you could always just say you're a non-scene gay man, but your real hang-up seems to be the word 'gay' itself. that's hardly surprising as it would appear to have been hijacked my homophobes and repopularized as an insult (especially in the United States). when i refer to myself as gay it doesn't refer to my exercise habits, my taste in music, my dancing abilities, my shoes, poodles, quiche, rainbows, whatever. i'm not afraid of homophobes (straight or gay) and i'm not ashamed of my sexuality and i don't get hung-up about the way other people live their life. lighten up, dude.

    ReplyDelete